145th Anniversary Living History Event
October 10-12, 2008
Federal Artillery Guidelines
Infantry | Cavalry | Artillery
In addition to the Basic Guidelines for Federals, the following apply to artillery:
January 18, 2008 - Gerald Todd
- Headwear Same as in basic guidelines.
- Mounted Service Jacket
- Of dark blue or royal blue wool broad-cloth
- Quilted front
- Proper red dyed worsted wool tape piping.
- All visible buttonholes hand sewn.
- Fatigue blouse (sack coat) Same as in basic guidelines.
- Mounted Pattern Trousers
- Made of sky-blue kersey-weave wool.
- Top of the waist band should reach the wearer's navel.
- Reinforced seat and buttons for instep strap.
- Thin, tapering waist band.
- Five button fly.
- Yoke in back.
- Raised back.
- Side pockets that start below the waist-band.
- Right-side watch pocket.
- Facings on vented cuffs.
- All buttonholes & grommets finished by hand.
- Foot Pattern Trousers Same as in basic guidelines.
- Mounted pattern Of proper make and construction. Sky blue wool kersey, double breasted with cape extending to the edge of the cuff.
- Foot pattern acceptable: as per infantry guidelines.
- US issue M1858 sword belt - Of black buff, waxed flesh, or bridle leather
- 2 piece enlisted eagle buckle with 2 or 3 piece applied silver wreath.
- Saber straps and shoulder strap [optional].
- Haversack: Same as in basic guidelines.
- Canteen: Same as in basic guidelines.
- Blanket: Same as in basic guidelines.
- Shelter half: Same as in basic guidelines.
- Gum blanket and/or poncho: Same as in basic guidelines.